Sunday, March 20, 2011

So it begins....

I can not think of any better way to kick this blog off than with the following post. This past Thanksgiving weekend it's yet another Kopitzke game night (they are legendary, as an FYI). It is the wee hours of the morning, and Lindsay and I are the last ones standing. What better time to discuss the dreaded "five years forward outlook"?  As we try our best to compress all the time we have been apart into a few brief hours of conversation, we cover what we would prefer to do other than our current day jobs. If there is anything I can count on Lindsay for,  after 18+ years of friendship, is that she can push me to achieve the amazing. More than once she has told me to keep a journal, and write down all those crazy things that make up my life. I have always loved how Lindsay captures those iconic quotes on cocktail napkins and scraps of paper to later report back to her own thick archives of journals. I have several started attempts, and for each of those few weeks I see it through, I love having them to reflect back on. But now there are even bigger plans in the works. 1- There is the internet and all its magic. & 2-We both have a larger world dominating plan than just a journal. So here is my first step into all those great ideas and plans we made in Tammy's kitchen in November 2010.  Lindsay, and I love you more than words can ever adequately express. I think its no surprise that when I thought of the perfect (-totally published in our high school yearbook front cover famous-) picture I wanted to use to kick off "The Roaring Lion" that there was none other than a lion in the background. May the Roaring Lion and Pinkerton Hall begin their successful world domination. -your forever FDA

2 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday to Liz AND The Roaring Lion. Make a wish! Make it three...LPH

    ReplyDelete
  2. No love for my copyright infringement?

    ReplyDelete