Monday, June 20, 2011

A new toy

I have always read about sergers and they seemed to be pretty advanced. I figured I needed to master my sewing machine before I could take the step to owning a machine that made seams in clothes. Then every pair of pajama pants I made for my family fell apart at the seams-literally. Recently I mentioned to my husbands sister, who has done quite a bit of sewing, that I wanted to try a serger out. Turns out she had bought one used and it had been sitting in her closet ever since! In trade for figuring out how to use it so that I could then show her- I got to borrow it for a few weeks. Last night I got it up and running (after quite a bit of cursing) and its even better than I thought. It sews four rows at once! Here is what each side of the fabric looks like after one pass through the machine.


The search is on for me to find a great used one at a great price so that I can have one permanently.  Let the project runway clothes making practice begin....

No comments:

Post a Comment